Restaurant Jobs in Dubai
Dubai has an abundance of restaurants, catering for the many thousands of tourists visiting the city. The likes of Raffles Dubai and Ossiano Restaurant are known around the world for their excellence. This creates a high demand for English speaking catering and hospitality professionals. Dubai being one of the most exclusive places in the world, this is a great place to further your career in the industry. The range of kitchen positions vary from head and executive chefs to sous chefs and chef de partie. Basic qualifications in food and hygiene is required and any further training will be provided. As well as generous tips and service charge, salaries range from £1000 to £4000 per month tax free. Here are some of the other benefits of working in Dubai:
Some typical benefits
- Accommodation provided
- 30 days holiday per annum
- Service charge and tips on top of salary
- Tax free salary
- Travel opportunities
The majority of jobs are for hotels, bars and restaurants in Dubai, below are some of the most common positions.
- General/Restaurant Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Executive Chef/Head Chef
- Chef De Partie/Sous Chef
- Commis Chef
- Kitchen Porter/Kitchen Assistant
- Waiting Staff
- Bartender and Bar Managers
Have a look some of the other information on our website
Typical role as a waiter
- Collect payments from customers.
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Serve food and/or beverages to patrons; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Describe and recommend wines to customers.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers